The junior varsity baseball field at Mountain Range High School in Westminster, Colorado, part of the Adams12 School District, had fallen into disrepair due to lack of budget and workers to perform regular maintenance. The coaching staff has maintained the fields in addition to their coaching responsibilities.
The Colorado Sports Field Managers Association considered this a great field to offer education to its members on products, equipment and training with the end goal of giving back to the community.
The project scope includes the following:
- Clean up and edge the field’s turf edges
- Add and laser grade infield skin
- Rebuild pitcher’s mound and home plate areas
- Remove excess sod
- Aerate turf
- Topdress, seed and fertilize
- Replace and repair irrigation