This is a great opportunity to learn about issues facing your job, get a review on sports turf management practices and network with your peers.
Tennessee Valley STMA hosts Sports Turf Field Day May 14-15
This event, co-hosted by the Alabama Turfgrass Association and the Tennesee Valley Sports Turf Managers Association is scheduled for May 14th and 15th in Huntsville, AL. It will be a great opportunity to learn about issues facing your job, get a review on sports turf management practices and network with your peers! The event’s schedule is listed below for your convenience. You will have the opportunity to pay on-line via PayPal or you can mail in your check or pay at the door.
Exhibitors…this is a great opportunity to showcase your product and/or services to the sports turf industry. Exhibits will be tabletops or static displays strategically placed around the registration and lunch tent which will serve as “home base” for the field day on Tuesday, May 15th. All equipment exhibitors who wish to demonstrate their products will get an opportunity to do so in the intramural field, just adjacent to the tent. All exhibitors will be provided an 8′ table, two chairs, two nametags, signage, and 5-mintues during lunch to address the attendees. Please note, equipment companies will be provided a 20′ x 40′ space along with the above mentioned items. All exhibitors are encouraged to bring tents to protect them from the elements as this is an outdoor event.
Register today for this great opportunity for the sports turf industry!
May 14th – Joe Davis Stadium, Huntsville, AL
· 3:00 pm – Registration
· 3:30 pm – Tour the Stadium with Field Manager, Kelly Rensel
· 4:00 pm – Seeded Bermudagrasses for Sports Fields, David Williams, Univ. of Kentucky
· 5:00 pm – 25 Years as a Sports Turf Manager…What I Learned & What I Wished I Had Known, Bob Campbell, Carolina Green Corp.
· 6:00 pm – Networking Dinner
· 6:45 pm – Huntsville Stars vs. Mississippi Braves
May 15 – University of Alabama – Huntsville Sports Complex, Huntsville, AL
· 7:00 am – Exhibitor Move-In
· 8:00 am – Registration
· 9:00 am – 12:00 pm – Field Rotations
· Soccer Field #1 – Managing High Traffic Turf, John Sorochan, University of Tennessee; Hosting a Special Event – Lessons Learned from the 1996 Olympics Soccer Tournament, James Horton, Birmingham Botanical Gardens
· Baseball Field – Pitcher’s Mound & Batter Box Repair, Bill Marbet, Southern Athletic Fields; Exploring Different Types of Conditioners, John Ferguson, Profile Products
· Soccer Field #2 – Overseeding & Effective Removal, Dave Han, Auburn University; Controlling Fire Ants on Your Sports Field, Fudd Graham, Auburn University
· 12:00 pm – Networking Lunch: Welcome Paul Patterson, University of Alabama Huntville