The Sports Field Management Association (SFMA), having recognized the importance of fostering and improving professionalism within the sports field management industry, developed the Certified Sports Field Manager (CSFM) certification program.
Attaining CSFM status means you will be looked upon as a leader in the industry. It will give you a sense of pride and accomplishment, and it can even improve your current or future employment prospects.
Becoming a CSFM is meant to challenge your knowledge of managing sports fields and to draw upon all aspects of your background in education and experience to prove that you are one of the best in the industry. Meeting the challenge can contribute to your professional advancement in sports field management.
The purpose of the program is to:
- Increase professionalism in the sports field management industry.
- Promote better and safer sports field areas.
- Establish credentials that signify a specific level of expertise.
- Increase career opportunities and promote the sports field manager and the profession.
- Provide recognition for attaining a level of expertise and performance as professionals in the industry.
- Stimulate and motivate improved performance and increased professionalism.
- Increase opportunities for education and training.
In order to attain the designation of Certified Sports Field Manager, a candidate must 1) satisfy the basic requirements; 2) satisfy the combination of education and experience point requirements; 3) pass a national certification examination.
Join this elite group of sports field management professionals and pursue your CSFM designation today. For more information, visit https://www.sportsfieldmanagement.org/csfm-program/.