All SAFE scholarships and grants have an application deadline of October 15. For questions or additional information, please contact SFMA at SFMAInfo@SportsFieldManagement.org or 800-323-3875.
SAFE’s scholarships for those in turfgrass management programs include:
- The Paul Zwaska Scholarship, (presented by Beacon Athletics), promotes diversity within the profession through an annual scholarship program for students from groups underrepresented in SFMA.
- The Dr. James Watson (sponsored by The Toro Co.) and The Dr. Fred Grau, funded by The SAFE Foundation. Depending upon funding availability, SAFE may award additional scholarships.
- SAFE also awards the Darian Daily Legacy Scholarship, this scholarship is awarded to members’ children and stepchildren (or if the member is a legal guardian) who are not pursuing a career in the green industry.
SAFE’s grants include:
- The Leo Goertz Membership Grant (sponsored by Pioneer Athletics), which provide a complimentary two-year national membership to someone who has not been a member for five years.
- The Gary Vanden Berg Internship Grant provides reimbursement to a deserving SFMA student member who has fulfilled an internship, and
- The Terry Mellor Continuing Education Grant is awarded to a chapter member to cover the costs to come to the SFMA national conference.