The Synthetic Turf Council (STC) announced its 2021-2022 Board of Directors at its annual membership meeting, October 18-20, 2021 in Tucson, Ariz.
For the 2021-2022 term, the board officers include Chairman Todd DeWolfe, VP of business development and research, AstroTurf; Vice Chairman Mark Klementti, sports field consultant, R.K. Associates; Secretary Holli Durchik, project manager, Foresite Design Inc.; Treasurer Shaun Garrity, national sales manager, USGreentech; Director-at-Large Terra Erickson, sales manager, Sportsfield Specialties Inc.; Immediate Past Chairman Laith Ross, senior principal, RossTarrant Architects.
The STC Board of Directors includes Thomas Boehme, CEO, Genan Inc.; Ed Norton, partner, HNP, LLC; Eric O’Donnell, managing director, Sports Labs U.K. Ltd.; Shannan Powell, senior manager, ForeverLawn of Tampa Bay; Larry Ridgeway, president and CEO, PrecisionJet/TurfBond; Matt Ross, regional vice president, Shaw Sports Turf; Thomas Shay, principal, Woodard & Curran.
Also, the fourth annual STC Awards Ceremony was held October 18, and the winners are:
- Lifetime Achievement: Tom Peeples, Universal Textile Technologies
- Volunteer of the Year: George Neagle, SYNLawn
- Rookie of the Year: Davis McDougal, SYNLawn
- Innovator: Sports Labs
- Philanthropy: SYNLawn
- Sustainability: Act Global
- Landscape Project of the Year – Commercial: SYNLawn – City Square
- Landscape Project of the Year – Recreation: Controlled Products/Synthetic Turf International – Hunter Park
- Landscape Project of the Year – Residential: SYNLawn – Michigan Residential Wetlands
- Sports Project of the Year – Single Field over 75,000 sq. ft.: Act Global – Bradenton Christian School
- Sports Project of the Year – Multi-Field: SYNLawn – IN Children’s Museum
- The 2022 STC Annual Membership Meeting will be held on October 17-19, 2022 in Washington D.C.