Game Changers Foundation and Sports Turf Company announced the success of its Athlete 2 Athlete video series. This free, weekly Zoom-based show, hosted by UGA legend and former NFL player Rennie Curran, was created to help athletes excel throughout their sport and life. High school superintendents, athletic directors, coaches, athletes and their parents are encouraged to attend the webinars for a chance to win a $500 donation to their athletic department provided by Sports Turf each week.
Since first airing on Sept. 23, well-known speakers from the Athlete 2 Athlete webinar include:
- NFL Hall of Famer Champ Bailey
- Dr. Dawn Brown
- Former NFL player Ronnie Brown
- Former NFL player Orson Charles
- Women’s Professional Tackle Football player Santia Deck
- Texas Rangers Baseball Club Peak Performance Director Josiah Igono
- Former NFL player Derrick Morgan
- ESPN broadcaster and former NFL player David Pollack
- Former UGA Head Coach Mark Richt
- Athleats Nutrition Founder Jaclyn Sklaver
- Sports Performance Training Expert Chip Smith
- First Female NFL Coach Jen Welter
Game Changers is a 501c3 nonprofit founded by Curran. The foundation’s mission is to lead athletes – from high school through retired professionals – to achieve their fullest potential in the game of life. Sports Turf Company is a sports facility construction company based in Whitesburg, Ga.
“I am thrilled with how this program has turned out and the amazing talent who has given their insight week to week,” said Curran. “I understand and appreciate the impact that an individual can have on others, and my goal is to give some insights from those who have had similar experiences.”
Sports Turf’s sponsorship of the Athlete 2 Athlete program is part of a larger partnership between the company and Game Changers Foundation.
“It was an easy decision for Sports Turf to support Rennie and the Game Changers Foundation to help student-athletes reach their full potential,” said Sports Turf President Todd Wiggins. “Rennie reputation, passion and excellence parallels Sports Turf’s commitment to developing long-standing relationships and building quality facilities.”