STMA’s Conference Education Committee is working hard to put together another fantastic education program. The 2021 Conference will have 7 tracks focusing on the different aspects of sports field and facility management.
- The Turfgrass Management track will address cool-season grass establishment, sodding, transition zone grasses and their management, managing high traffic areas and fraise mowing. This track discusses cultural practices to benefit cool-season, warm-season, and transition zone turfgrass managers.
- Professional Development focuses on personal empowerment, self-care, work/life balance, communicating with coaches and other stakeholders, and recruiting the future of the industry.
- The Soil Science track offers sessions on understanding and applying soil test results, soil surfactants and their use, and enhancing turfgrass rooting and field performance.
- The Water track will focus on best management practices when irrigating turfgrass during water shortages as well as irrigation system operation.
- The Pest Issues and Control track will provide strategies for making decisions about when to apply pesticides, calculating for accurate applications, site specific management, as well as weed and disease control.
- Baseball will cover the 2020 season and beyond, planning, building, and maintaining a sustainable surface, as well as a panel discussion featuring field managers from professional, college/university, and little league.
- The Facility Management track will feature sessions on synthetic field testing, low budget field management, mowing unit troubleshooting, and an outdoor athletic field painting seminar.
The Conference Education Committee has created a program that has something for everyone. Don’t miss all that the 2021 Conference has to offer!