The Sports Turf Managers Association will be hosting its 22nd Annual Conference and Exhibition in Austin, TX for the first time. Events will be held Jan. 11-15, 2011, at the Austin Convention Center.
STMA 22nd Annual Conference January 11-15 in Austin, TX
The Sports Turf Managers Association (STMA) will be hosting its 22nd Annual Conference and Exhibition in Austin, Texas for the first time. Events will be held Jan. 11-15, 2011, at the Austin Convention Center. The Austin Hilton is the official host hotel and is offering an attendee rate of $169 (plus tax). While it is only the 22nd Annual Conference and Exhibition, the Association will be celebrating its 30th year of existence.
The nation’s largest conference and exhibition devoted solely to sports turf management will feature nationally renowned speakers presenting valuable information focused on strategies to survive and succeed for the foreseeable future. Dozens of Ph.D.’s, several Certified Sports Field Managers (CSFMs), STMA Board Members, other academics, practitioners and industry advocates will present more than 90 hours of education on topics ranging from practical level- Sports Turf Diagnostics and Weather 101– to cutting edge products- New Technology: Gadgets and Gizmos and New Fertilizer Technology– to non-agronomic management topics such as How to be More Efficient and Effective in this Economy and Maximizing Employee Relations.
Some other event highlights include:
· Each education session will have written Best Management Practices for attendees to take home and easily implement.
· 20 hours of industry networking.
· Two off-site seminars visiting the University of Texas, Texas A&M University, and the Dell Diamond in Round Rock
· Full-day pre-conference workshops included with registration.
· STMA’s Annual Awards banquet where the best fields and people from the association and the industry are recognized.
· Educational session handouts and presentations will be posted on STMA.org pre-and-post event for attendees to preview and review.
· All educational sessions will be audio-recorded and will be available from IQ Media post-conference a la carte or via purchasing the entire conference package.
· The SAFE Golf Tournament, sponsored by Jacobsen at the Golf Club at Star Ranch will be held Wed., Jan. 12 and will include a new Hole In One promotion where an ace gets the winner $10,000.
· SAFE live and silent auctions and raffles held throughout the conference to generate money for scholarships and grants.
In conjunction with the conference, the STMA Exhibition will open for eight hours and will be home to more than 125 companies showcasing their newest technologies, equipment, products and services. At the opening night of the Exhibition on Thurs., Jan. 13, STMA will be announcing its first annual Innovative Award winners. These awards will be presented to companies whose product or equipment has been deemed to, “substantially enhance the efficiency and effectiveness of the Sports Turf Manager in the interest of making playing surfaces safer and more playable for athletes.”
For more information on the educational program, conference brochure, pre-event schedule builder, post-event trip report, registration forms, STMA Innovative Awards, please go to www.STMA.org or contact: