This position is primarily responsible for assisting with overall care of the sports fields in and around Miller Park and the youth baseball facility. Secondary concern is the landscape surrounding the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Recruit, supervise and schedule seasonal workers and interns.
• Assist in generation and implementation of annual departmental budget
• Assign and oversee grounds crew job assignments on a daily basis including mowing, edging, weeding, soding, infield maintenance, and mound repair.
• Create turf management program including fertilization, growth regulation, pesticide application, and aeration to combat severe shade issues caused by the retractable roof environment.
• Assist with game responsibilities including set-up, and distribution of promotional items.
• Safely operate and instruct others in the operation of various grounds equipment such as mowers, carts, tractors, aerators, etc.
• Assist with snow removal operations.
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in turfgrass management or related field; or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Candidates must have a valid drivers license;
• Candidate must be able to obtain a Wisconsin pesticide certification.
• Experience in field management at a professional baseball stadium preferred.
• Required to work extended hours such as nights, weekends and holidays.
Please see this job posting and other available opportunities at www.brewers.com and click on Job Opportunities.
Apply for this position