Everyone involved in lawn care and landscape maintenance is invited to attend this informative event, August 14, 2008 in Columbus, Ohio. Registration will be limited to the first 200 participants. The seminar will feature presentations at turfgrass research plots on various topics including:
* The Green World Above a 3-inch Cut (General Session) Fred Hower, The Ohio Nurseryman
* Broadleaf Weeds & Herbicide Update (Category 8, .5 hrs.) Dr. David Gardner, OSU Department of Horticulture & Crop Science
* Turfgrass Insect Diagnostics & Management (Category 6A, .5 hrs.) Dr. David Shetlar, OSU Department of Entomology
* Weedy Grasses Management & Fertilizer Update (Category 8, .5 hrs.) Dr. John Street, OSU Department of Horticulture & Crop Science
* Emerald Ash Borer Update & Tree/Shrub Disease ID & Management (Category 6A, .5 hrs.) Amy Stone, Extension Educator Urban & Consumer Horticulture , Lucas County& Joe Rimelspach, OSU Department of Plant Pathology
* Applicator Record Keeping & Lawn Notification (General Session) (CORE, 1 hr.) Terry Grace, Ohio Department of Agriculture
Equipment Showcase: Participants will have the opportunity to test drive lawn maintenance equipment from many of the leading industry manufacturers.
(Schedule is subject to change.)
Registration is limited. For more information, call the Ohio Lawn Care Association at 800-510-5296 or visit www.OhioLawnCare.org.