MTD debuts Dewalt line of professional gas outdoor power equipment
MTD Products Inc is debuting a new line of Dewalt professional gas outdoor power equipment (OPE) at GIE+EXPO for the first time since launching the brand’s partnership in December 2019. The line includes walk-behind and hydro-walk mowers, stand-on mowers, and zero-turn riding mowers, expanding the brand’s lineup of tools for the jobsite, and serving a distinctive niche in the market. Dewalt commercial gas OPE is manufactured by MTD Products Inc and sold under license from Stanley Black & Decker (SBD).
On view at booth #7068, Dewalt will be showcasing the following MTD products: five commercial mowers, six handheld gas OPE products, as well as the new X536 stand-on mower. Booth visitors will be able to check out the:
• Z260 Professional Zero-Turn Mower – This 60-in. mower is built to tackle four to 10 acres and the 24 HP Kawasaki® engine offers premium performance with optimal efficiency. The line’s most powerful transmission delivers up to 500 ft./lb of output torque. Designed for long hours, it includes top-of-the-line ergonomic and customizable features, like an automotive-inspired, adjustable, padded high-back seat; a dial-in adjustable lap bar; and a wide foot pan. (The mower is also available in a 54-in. model, the Z254.)
• X554 Professional Stand-On Mower – Stand-on functionality with a large platform enables quick on-and-off action to remove mowing obstructions without much job interruption. The heavy duty build and large rear and front wheels are industry leading. The frame is matched with a premium pump and wheel motor transmission for heavy duty use. The large, adjustable hip pad matches operator height for all-day comfort. (The mower is also available in a 48-in. model, the X548.)
• HW48 48-in. Professional Hydro-Walk Mower – This mower is built with a 15 HP Kawasaki FS engine, heavy duty construction and thicker essential frame components. Single-lever, infinite-speed control delivers quick, on-the-fly speed adjustments, and contoured controls reduce fatigue and dampen vibration. A low center of gravity and wide wheelbase keep this machine tracking straight on rugged, hilly terrain.
• X536 Professional Stand-On Mower, available in spring 2022 – This mower offers stand-on functionality with a new 36-in. cutting deck for additional maneuverability. For all-day comfort, the large hip pad adjusts and matches the operator’s height. Designed for productivity and jobsite efficiency, this versatile mower has smooth controls and fast response times from the transmission for ease of operation.
• Z160 Professional Zero-Turn Mower – A durable 1.5-in. x 3-in. tubular steel frame provides maximum strength and rigidity with easy access points for routine maintenance. The state-of-the-art wheel and caster design provides a more professional cut, optimizes trim capabilities and maintains a smooth ride at higher speeds, while the large cutting deck gets the job done fast on these 48-in. and 60-in. zero-turn mowers. (The mower is also available in a 48-in. model, the Z148.)
The Dewalt line of professional gas mowers also includes the DW33 33-in. Wide-Area Walk-Behind Mower. It has a 344cc engine for powerful, consistent performance, while the 33-in. reinforced steel cutting deck is wide enough for high productivity, yet slim enough to fit through gates and other tight spaces. An 8-position deck height adjustment fine-tunes every cut, and 8-in. caster front wheels handle bumps and tough terrain while performing zero-turn maneuverability.
The line is also designed with a reimagined service experience meant to minimize downtime for everything from standard upkeep to complex troubleshooting through the Pro Support Hub. Available through the app or website, the Pro Support Hub gives owners priority service at a network of local authorized dealers, fast access to dedicated customer support experts, a parts finder to quickly identify and order parts, and more.
Handheld equipment on view at GIE+EXPO includes a brushcutter, edger, pole saw, hedge trimmer and two string trimmers that all feature 2-cycle, 27cc full-crank, commercial-grade engines, as well as attachment capability. The lineup has overmold handles designed to lessen hand strain, and all products have a three-year limited warranty. MTD’s Dewalt-branded products in booth #7068 include:
• DXGST227BC 27cc 2-Cycle Gas Brushcutter – Featuring a heavy duty metal brush blade to cut through dense overgrowth.
• DXGSE Straight Stick Edger – Designed to tackle deep edges with a 7.5-in. steel blade.
• DXGP210 Gas Pole Saw – Designed with a low-kickback, 10-in. bar and chain for added safety and an automatic oiler that keeps it well-lubricated to minimize maintenance. The attached 7-ft. extension pole allows for a longer reach.
• DXGHT22 Pole Hedge Trimmer – Featuring 22-in. dual-action blades to cut thick branches and shrubbery while 135 degrees of movement offers the agility to hedge from multiple angles.
• DXGST227CS 17-in. Gas Curved Shaft String Trimmer and DXGST227SS 17-in. Gas Straight Shaft String Trimmer – Built with a large 17-in. cutting swath that trims more grass in less time and quickly re-spools with the easy load bump head.