The Sports Technology and Innovation Group (UK) has been formed by the UK government to explore solutions to get fans back into venues. The Group is currently seeking submissions for technologies and innovations that can assist in delivering safe events, while also building fan confidence to return to elite sporting events.
The Sports Technology and Innovation Group is made up of sport, health and tech experts who will work with sport bodies to support the return of fans to sports events as soon as possible. The Group is looking for submissions that provide solutions to any of the following issues being faced:
Ticketing and venue capacity
- How can we increase capacities while maintaining social distancing in venues?
- How can we build fan confidence to attend sporting events?
Pre-event and build-up
- How can we use pre-event interactions to promote key safety messages?
- How can we ensure fans take on responsibility for their individual, peer and community safety?
Travelling to the venue
- How can we minimise transmission risk from fans travelling to and from grounds?
- How can we reduce the impact on public transport for sports grounds in urban areas?
Zone Ex (last mile) and entry
- How can we avoid crowded bottlenecks at entry, exit and within venues?
Inside the venue
- How can we ensure fans can circulate safely within the ground – especially when buying food and drink?
Departure and post-event
- What role can technology, such as smart phones, play in reducing transmission risk across the fan journey?
- How can we maintain socially responsible behaviours after the event?
Companies are able to submit solutions via an online portal at www.sgsa.org.uk/fanreturnsolutions.