According to Murray Cook, president of Sports Turf Services and a field consultant to the MLB commissioner’s office, Kellogg’s, makers of Frosted Flakes and other cereals, has a “Plant a Seed” promotional program that is providing facelifts to fields across the country. You can enter to have a chance to have your field made over.
The most recent was a 36-hour job at the Lincoln Park High School football field in Tampa before this year’s Super Bowl. “This is a pretty cool program that we will be working on this year across the country,” Murray says. For more information see www.Frostedflakes.com.
Official promotion rules are listed here:
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID IN ALASKA, HAWAII AND WHERE OTHERWISE PROHIBITED.
1. HOW TO ENTER: Beginning 1/15/09 at 12:00:00 PM (ET) through 3/31/09 at 11:59:59 AM (ET) (“Promotion Period”) go to www.FrostedFlakes.com and complete the online registration and nomination form. Registration and nomination is free. For purposes of this promotion, a “field” will be defined as any designated outdoor baseball, soccer, football, lacrosse, field hockey field or basketball court in your local community (excludes fields located on elementary school property). Responses must be typed in English. Limit one (1) nomination per person for the Promotion Period. Nominations which include false or misleading information, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will be void.
Entries must not infringe on any third party rights. By entering the promotion, the entrant gives Kellogg North America Company (“Sponsor”) the right to use, edit, or publish the entry without further compensation. By entering, entrants hereby assign all rights, title and interest in the submission to the Sponsor and, if required, will sign any documents necessary to transfer all rights. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, misdirected, illegible, or incomplete entries. Sponsor is not responsible for any change of mailing address, email address, and/or telephone number of entrants. In the event of a dispute, any entries will be deemed to have been submitted by the Authorized Account Holder of the email address submitted at the time of entry, provided that person meets all eligibility requirements set forth in these Official Rules. “Authorized Account Holder” means the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Entrants may not enter with multiple e-mail addresses. Any entrant who attempts to enter with multiple e-mail addresses or under multiple identities, will be disqualified from participation in the promotion and all entries from that individual will be considered void. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
2. NOMINATOR ELIGIBILITY: Open only to legal residents of the forty-eight (48) contiguous United States and District of Columbia (void in Alaska and Hawaii) who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of Kellogg North America Company, its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies and their immediate family members and/or those living in same household of each are not eligible. For purposes of this promotion, a “field” will be defined as any designated outdoor baseball, softball, T-ball, soccer, football, lacrosse, field hockey field, running/track or basketball court in your local community.
3. JUDGING CRITERIA: On or about 4/1/09 to 4/30/09 all entries received by the deadline date stated above will be judged by a qualified panel of judges designated by Sponsor, to determine one-hundred (100) Finalists to compete for a Grand Prize. All entries will be judged based on the following judging criteria: “feasibility of field makeover” (10%); “location of the field” (10%); “how old is the field?” (10%); “how often is the field used?” (10%); “how many events take place on the field each month/year?” (10%); “what teams use the field?” (10%); “are there other athletic fields in the community?” (10%); “Background: Demand for the field.” (10%); “Condition: What shape is the field in?” (10%); “Impact: How would this field’s makeover help the community?” (10%). The potential Finalists will be the one-hundred (100) entrants with the highest overall scores. In the event of a tie between potential Finalists, the entrant to be declared as a Finalist will be determined based on the highest score in the “this field’s restoration will help the community because…” category. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to select fewer than one-hundred (100) Finalists in the event that there are not a sufficient number of qualified entries received.
4. VOTING PERIOD AND WINNER SELECTION: Beginning 5/1/09 at 12:00:00 PM (ET) to 5/31/09 at 11:59:59 AM (ET) (“Voting Period”), the Finalists’ nominations will be posted at www.FrostedFlakes.com for public voting. The voting public will be allowed one (1) vote for their favorite finalist nomination per Day, per person/email address during the Voting Period. For purposes of this promotion, a “Day” is defined as a consecutive twenty-four hour time period during the Promotion Period starting at 12:00:00 PM (ET) and ending at 11:59:59 AM (ET). The general public will be invited to vote online for their favorite finalist nomination. The public voting will be combined with the Sponsor’s judging panel results (see rule # 3) to determine the winners. The public voting will count for ½ of the final score; and the Sponsor’s judging panel results will count for ½ of the final score. The thirty (30) Finalists with the highest overall score will be declared the Grand Prize winners. In the event of a tie, the winner(s) will be determined by the Sponsor, in their sole discretion, using the Judging Criteria set forth above for selecting the Finalist.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Nominators are responsible for insuring that all mailing and email information is up-to-date and accurate. The person who submitted the nomination of the winning field will be notified by mail, phone and/or email at Sponsor’s discretion approximately ten (10) days following the end of the Voting Period. Sponsor reserves the right to award fewer than thirty (30) Grand Prizes in the event that there are not a sufficient number of eligible entries received to move forward as Finalist. Potential winning nominators will be contacted by the Sponsor’s fulfillment organization and they must provide the contact information associated with the winning field that he/she nominated. The point-of-contact for the winning field will then be contacted by the Sponsor’s fulfillment organization to initiate the prize fulfillment process. If prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected as provided in these Official Rules. No correspondence will be acknowledged. Winning fields will be required to sign a contract or statement of work for field makeover.
6. PRIZES/APPROXIMATE RETAIL VALUE (ARV)/ODDS: Thirty (30) Grand Prizes – An Athletic Field Makeover in Sponsor’s discretion based upon consultation with field makeover experts and consistent with Kellogg’s Worldwide Marketing and Communications Guidelines and the Council of Better Business Bureau’s Children’s Food and Beverage Initiative (ARV – not to exceed $15,000 ea. field makeover). Total ARV of all prizes – not to exceed $450,000. Odds of winning depend on the total number of public votes received after being selected as a Finalist. Athletic field makeover is subject to the necessary approval(s) of the community in which it is located. Any applicable taxes will be the responsibility of the winning field. If at any time in the fulfillment and consultation process, Sponsor is made aware of any misrepresentation contained in the Nomination form, such that a Field Makeover is not feasible, as determined by the field makeover experts, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify the winning field. In the event the field is disqualified, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected.
7. GENERAL: No cash equivalents, substitutions or transfer of prize permitted except that Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event that an offered prize is unavailable. Subject to all federal, state and local laws/regulations. Neither Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising, promotion agencies nor their officers, directors, employees or assigns will have any liability whatsoever for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind caused by any prize or resulting from acceptance, possession, use and/or misuse of any prize or participation in the promotion or any prize-related activities. Acceptance of a prize shall be construed as and signify the winning field’s agreement and consent that Sponsor may use the winning field’s name, likeness and/or prize information, without limitation, for promotional purposes without further consideration, review, approval or payment, where allowed by law. Winning fields acknowledge that neither Sponsor nor its agents have made nor are in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to any prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose. Any and all warranties and/or guarantees on a prize, if any, are subject to the manufacturers’ terms therefore and winners agree to look solely to such manufacturers for any such warranty and/or guarantee. By participating in this promotion, entrants agree to be bound by the Official Rules and the decisions of the judges, which are final and binding in all respects.
8. INTERNET: Sponsor not responsible for lost, late, mutilated or illegible entries nor for electronic transmission errors resulting in omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operations or transmission, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alterations of entry materials, or for technical, network, telephone equipment, electronic, computer, hardware or software malfunctions or limitations of any kind, or inaccurate transmissions of or failure to receive entry information by Sponsor or presenter on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof. If for any reason the Internet portion of the program is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of the Sponsor which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of this promotion, the Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the promotion and to award the prizes from among all eligible entries received prior to action taken by Sponsor provided a sufficient number of entries have been received. Caution: Any attempt by any person to deliberately damage any website or undermine the legitimate operation of the promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserve the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent of the law.
10. For names of winning fields, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by 8/15/09 to: Kellogg’s Frosted Flakes® Plant a Seed Promotion, Attn: Winner’s List, P.O. Box 185130, Battle Creek, MI 49018-5130. Winner’s list to be available after 6/15/09.
11. SPONSOR: Kellogg North America Company, One Kellogg Square, Battle Creek, MI 49016.