STMA realizes that 2020 has been a very tough year for members and that budget cuts are impacting this year, next year and beyond.
We believe that investing in an STMA membership is a necessity for weathering these uncertain times. Resources and information from STMA can help you save time and money – whether it is a step-by-step field renovation process; a model for reducing your budget that will still allow for you to prepare a safe surface for athletes; or tools to help you communicate your plans and practices to your employer and constituents.
During the pandemic, STMA has provided, and continues to provide, many new resources including the opportunity to listen to peers’ solutions during nine Town Hall meetings that explored challenges at parks and rec, colleges and universities, professional stadiums and K-12 facilities; agronomic solutions for fields that had reduced maintenance; and best practices for field management for every outdoor sport. Its Route to Recovery Guides (I and II) saw huge usage by members and our chapter network. In addition, there are videos, webinars and technical articles available on any topic to help you with the challenges you are facing including career resources.
The technical resources and education that STMA provides are many; the connection to a nationwide community of sports field professionals who care about your career success cannot be found elsewhere. It is that simple.
The cost to join or renew is $130 for a practitioner; $85 for a second+ person from the same employer. Commercial members pay $295.
Products and services you receive with STMA membership
• Monthly SportsField Management magazine and News Online electronic communication
• Educational Resources – bulletins, booklets, DVDs (English and Spanish), online classes, webinars and videos
• Certification programs
• Awards program and scholarships
• Discounts to the annual STMA Conference & Exhibition
• Employment and career resources
• STMA Industry Sourcebook
• A subscription to Michigan State’s Turfgrass Information File (TGIF)
• Chapter resources
• Leadership opportunities – committee and board of directors service
• Online membership directory