Turfco has introduced a new, 30-inch drop seeder attachment for its popular TurnAer XT8 stand-on aerator. The patent-pending attachment allows crews to save time by requiring just one pass to both aerify and seed sports fields.
“At this time when productivity is king, the new attachment allows operators to save time by covering two operations at one time,” said Scott Kinkead, executive vice-president of Turfco. “Now turf managers can aerate and seed sidelines, goalmouths and golf course surrounds quickly, rejuvenating turf.”
The seeder attachment mounts directly to the front of the TurnAer XT8 and has a 30-inch seeding width that matches the aerating width, eliminating wasted seed. The attachment is fully integrated with the machine, including controls to adjust the drop rate. The attachment holds up to 65 pounds of seed and includes a window so operators can easily see when it’s time for a refill.
The TurnAer XT8 was introduced in late 2016 and has become the aerator of choice for turf professionals in the sports turf and golf industries for its:
– Auto-depth control that ensures consistent tine depth throughout use.
– Zero-turn agility.
– Unique design for guarded drive chains that prevent debris from clogging wheels and chains.
– Sealed, self-aligning bearings and zero grease zerks.
– A 22-horsepower engine from Briggs & Stratton with a cyclonic air cleaner.
– Operator-focused standing platform that reduces vibration and shock for reduced fatigue and increased comfort.
The XT8 and 30-inch drop seeder attachment are on sale immediately through Turfco Direct, which ships orders directly to customers. For more information, to order or inquire about financing on the XT8, call 800-679-8201.