The project for Illinois State University includes excavation, new rock sub grade and drainage, storm sewers improvements, synthetic turf installation, new pitching mound and bases. It is slated for completion by March 1, 2013 in time for the ISU baseball season.
Byrne & Jones Sports begins work on 7th college project in 2012
In what has been its busiest year ever for college athletic field projects, St. Louis-based Byrne & Jones Sports has begun its seventh assignment – a synthetic baseball infield for Illinois State University(ISU). Earlier this year, Byrne & Jones completed projects for Iowa State University, University of Missouri-Columbia, Washington University in St. Louis, Saint Louis University, Eastern Illinois University and Southern Illinois University (SIU) at Edwardsville.
The project for Illinois State University (ISU) includes excavation, new rock sub grade and drainage, storm sewers improvements, synthetic turf installation, new pitching mound and bases. It is slated for completion by March 1, 2013 in time for the ISU baseball season.
Previously completed projects by Byrne & Jones in 2012 include:
· An NCAA track and field for Iowa State University;
· A replacement surface for Francis Field at Washington University;
· A rock and asphalt installation for a new NCAA track for Eastern Illinois University;
· An NCAA track fro SIU Edwardsville.
· A project to remove the old artificial surface and re-grade Faurot Field for a new artif icial turf football field for Mizzou’s maiden voyage in the SEC Conference this year; and
· The first synthetic turf field ever for Saint Louis University – a recreational field for flag football and soccer.
St. Louis-based Byrne & Jones Sports is one of the Midwest’s largest installers of artificial and natural turf fields, track and field surfaces, and tennis courts. For more than three decades, the firm has installed more than 1,000 athletic surfaces. More information can be found at www.byrneandjonessports.com.