Facility Operations/Security/Event Management: Grounds Crew/Turf Management
Entity: Global Spectrum – PPL Park (Chester, PA)
Reports: Sports Turf Manager
The Assistant Sports Turf Manager is responsible for overseeing overall field maintenance including all playing surfaces. This person may supervise a team of part-time employees. The Assistant will also assist in maintaining natural/synthetic fields along with practice site(s).
• Maintenance of field at Philadelphia Union Stadium (PPL Park) and practice site(s).
• Scouts athletic fields and grounds for problems and reports issues to the Sports Turf Manager.
• Must be able to obtain a PA pesticide license within 90 days of employment.
• Operates light duty vehicles, ride on mowers, push mowers etc.; May train part-time employees on use of equipment.
• Assists with all feld and landscaping projects as needed.
• Performs cultural practices as directed by the Sports Turf Manager.
• Directly in charge in absences of Sports Turf Manager.
• Create a good working relationship with coaches.
• Assures that necessary event equipment (goals, benches, pylons, etc.) is set up and in good working condition.
• Stays abreast of seasonal maintenance and equipment needs, ensuring that maintenance is performed as needed and equipment is set up properly in a timely manner.
• Perform other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities:
• 4 or 2 year degree in Turfgrass Science or similar area of study. 1-2 years of sports turf grounds maintenance or related work experience; OR any equivalent combination of experience, training and/or education
• Some knowledge of bermudagrass and how it is maintained.
• Knowledge of equipment, tools and procedures of grounds construction and maintenance.
• Knowledge of techniques of planting and maintaining plants, trees and shrubs suited to the area location.
• Some knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
• Skill in planning and supervising a grounds care unit.
• Ability to effectively communicate.
• The ability to work effectively with people from a variety of culturally diverse backgrounds.
• The ability to perform physical tasks such as; lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, climbing stairs & ladders and pulling tarps.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
Due to the cyclical nature of the entertainment industry, the employee may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES or NO: Have you earned a 4 or 2 year degree in Turfgrass Science or similar area of study?
2. YES or NO: Do you have 1-2 years of sports turf grounds maintenance or related work experience?
3. YES or NO: Are you capable of working varying schedules, including but not limited to nights, weekends and holidays as required?
4. To be considered, please list your salary requirement.
Click here to see all of our employment opportunities.