First introduced in 2009, Profile Product’s Green Design Engineering™ creates cost-effective and environmentally superior solutions through the design, manufacture and application of sustainable erosion control and vegetation establishment technologies. The environmental benefits of today’s Green Design philosophy include:
• 100 percent recycled wood and cellulose fibers are used in all Profile® hydraulic mulches
and erosion control blankets.
• All mulch fibers and tackifiers are biodegradable, eliminating the introduction of foreign and potentially hazardous materials into the environment.
• Every Profile® product containing Thermally Refined® wood fibers is phyto-sanitized, removing pathogens and weed contaminants.
• Products are non-toxic, passing EPA ecotoxicity testing protocol to prove they have no dangerous chemicals, heavy metals or residues that can threaten aquatic and terrestrial life.
By utilizing Green Design Engineering products, you can affordably achieve and maintain NPDES Phase II compliance, meet current and proposed EPA protocols to ensure the safety of aquatic and terrestrial life and contribute to LEED credits.
“Our Green Design Engineering has dramatically enhanced the performance of natural vegetation in erosion control,” said Marc S. Theisen, CPESC, CPSWQ, Profile’s vice president of erosion control solutions. “We continue to create advanced technologies that establish vegetation more quickly and more densely than ever before.”
Profile utilizes Green Design Engineering to provide reliable, sustainable solutions for an expanding range of sites, including slopes, channels, shorelines, water management projects, waste containment sites, fine turf areas and environmentally sensitive sites.
Green Design Engineering Technologies also include:
• GreenArmor™ System: the most reliable vegetated alternative to hard armor.
• Flexterra® Flexible Growth Medium™ (FGM™): sets the highest standards of erosion control and vegetation establishment of any advanced hydraulic matrix.
• Hydro-Blanket® Bonded Fiber Matrix (BFM): provides a superior, safer, 100 percent biodegradable alternative to erosion control blankets.
• Conwed Fibers®, Terra-Mulch®, SoilCover™, Eco-Solutions, Hydro-Spray® and HydroCover™: the industry’s leading brands of 100 percent recycled wood fiber, blended and cellulose hydraulic mulches.
• ProPlus® Hydro Mulching Solutions: provide a broad array of organic tackifiers and other earth-friendly additives to enhance erosion control performance.
• Advanced ProPlus® Prescriptive Agronomic Formulations (PAFs): optimize vegetation establishment with proven soil neutralizers, biostimulants, organic fertilizers and other natural soil amendments.
About PROFILE Products LLC
Based in Buffalo Grove, Ill., PROFILE Products LLC produces a comprehensive line of products for soil modification, erosion control and plant establishment. Profile’s industry-leading products and knowledge resources are housed in three primary businesses. Profile Golf™ products and resources help golf course architects, builders and superintendents find the most effective solutions for both maintenance and construction. The Turface Athletics™ line of products and services maximize sports field safety and performance. Profile Erosion Control Solutions (PECS™) encompasses a wide range of products to prevent erosion and establish vegetation for the golf course, transportation, landfill and commercial and residential markets. Recently, Profile introduced Profile Soil Solutions Software, PS³, the industry’s first and only web-based design and selection tool that integrates erosion and sediment control engineering with agronomic excellence. For more information about Profile Products, call (800) 508-8681 or visit http://www.profileproducts.com.