The 13th Annual Ohio Sports Turf Short Course is February 24-25. The short course is designed for sports turf managers and grounds people that care for turf with multiple functions and is offered by The Ohio State University Extension Program and by The Ohio Sports Turf Managers Association.
Ohio State sports turf short course Feb. 24-25
Now is the time to start gearing up for the new season with 2 days of great turfgrass management education. ODA, GCSAA, STMA, and OPRA credits available. February 24-25 at the Nationwide and Ohio Farm Bureau 4-H Center, Columbus (New location – Easy Access – Free Parking – OSU’s 1st “green” building)
The 13th Annual Sports Turf Short Course is February 24th & 25th, 2010. The short course is designed for sports turf managers and grounds people that care for turf with multiple functions and is offered by The Ohio State University Extension Program and by The Ohio Sports Turf Managers Association (OSTMA).
(1) Save time & money. Knowing how to buy the right equipment, accurately record pesticide applications and apply the correct amount of fertilizer and seed can save a considerable amount of time and money.
(2) Become Skilled in the most up-to-date techniques to provide our athletes with safe sports fields and discover what’s new in R&D and sustainability.
(3) Earn re-certification credits from STMA, OPRA and ODA
THE EDUCATION PROGRAM INCLUDES:
Wednesday, February 24
Carbon Sequestration in Soils: Gina Zirkle, Scotts
Using Compost & Sand Dressings on Soil Fields: Marcela Munoz, OSU
Getting the Equipment you Need – it is Possible!: Jeff White, Marietta College
Strategies for Seasonal Growth and Greening of Sports Turf? Dr. John Street, OSU
Irrigating Athletic Fields: Scott Knowles, Wolf Creek
The Do’s & Don’ts of Sports Field Drainage: Ryan Gregoire, Ag Design
Panel Q&A: Controlling Poa Annua and other Weedy Grasses on Athletic Fields (Dr’s John Street, Karl Danneberger, & Dave Gardner, OSU)
Thursday, February 25
Turf Disease Update for 2010: Joe Rimelspach, OSU
Pesticide Application Technology (CORE): Joanne Kick-Raack, OSU
Baseball Field Maintenance: Jake Tyler, Toledo Mudhens
Turf Insect Pest Update: Dr. Dave Shetlar, OSU
Synthetic Turf; Present & Future: Dr. Charles Mancino, Synthetic Turf Testing
– ODA Pesticide License Testing & Presentation of Attendee Certificates will take place Thursday, February 25.
– OTF & OSTMA will host an evening industry reception on Wednesday, February 24 for all participants.