The sports turf management intern will assist in all aspects of maintaining a baseball field to professional standards. The intern will be one of the only three full time employees on the grounds staff. Due to the limited size of our crew, the intern will be trained to perform all tasks associated with field care and will shoulder much of the responsibility in maintaining Merchantsauto.com stadium to the high standards we expect.
Along with the field duties, our intern will learn about working and communicating with front office staff, managers, players and umpires. At the end of the internship, the student will have a good foundation of knowledge of how the grounds staff fits into the overall success of a minor league baseball team. Duties will include, but are not limited to:
– Infield skin repair, maintenance and preparation
– Repair and maintain pitchers mounds and home plate areas
– Fertilizer/ pesticide applications
– Equipment maintenance
– Game day preparation, lining, watering etc.
– Batting practice setup and breakdown
– Coordinating early workouts
– Tarp duties
– Edging and mowing
– Will learn about IPM and water management
– Irrigation repair
– Supervision of part-time staff
– Coordinating and scheduling non-traditional revenue sources (concerts, tournaments, corporate outings etc.)
– Other duties as needed
A monthly stipend will be available. The internship runs from June through August.
Those interested in this position, please contact:
Sports Turf Manager
New Hampshire Fishercats
One line Dr.
Manchester NH, 03101