Job Title: Manager, River Cats Sports Turf Management, LLC
Reports To: Manager of Grounds (Head Groundskeeper of Raley Field)
FLSA Status: Exempt
The Sacramento River Cats are seeking a qualified Manager for their Sports Turf Management, LLC with at least 4 years of experience managing the care and maintenance of professional sports fields. Including football, baseball, softball, soccer, and other related sports fields. The River Cats are seeking a well-rounded individual who has the experience and ability to develop and implement multiple projects and create solutions. The Manager must be a self-starter with a great work ethic and accountability. This position may require working weekends, holidays, and unusual event hours.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Help develop, oversee and manage the daily operation (physical and fiscal) of business
• Must have knowledge of all sports fields (baseball, softball, football, soccer, etc.)
• Must have the ability to create budget and maintain annual operating budget
• Must be able to coordinate and manage outside vendors
• Must be able to multi-task and have excellent time management skills
• Must be able to help coordinate and assist in set-up and management of concerts, festivals, and other events held at Raley Field
• Must be responsible for developing and growing relationships in the community in order to obtain accounts
• Must have good written and verbal skills
• Must be able to effectively manage hourly staff
• Must be able to operate machinery and manage preventative maintenance for all equipment
• Must have experience in operating and maintaining irrigation systems
• Must be able to confer with prospective clients, assess needs, and develop estimates
• Must be able to oversee sales reporting
• Provide support to the Head Groundskeeper of Raley Field in all aspects and functions
• Work with government and municipal agencies in adherence to rules and regulations of applicable codes and inspections
QUALIFICATIONS EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Must have at least 4 years in working on sports fields
• Two to three years progressive experience in managing and training employees
• Strong organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously
• Work in a fast paced, high-energy environment
• Must be able to work long hours, weekends and holidays; flexible with schedule
• Strong problem solving skills
• Ability to communicate effectively
• Strong motivational and leadership skills
• Have strong sales skills in order to obtain new business
• Must obtain an applicators license with in the first 6 months of hire date
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Ability to climb stairs, stand/walk for long periods and move/transport stanchions, bike barricade, boxes, and pass out materials.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, and sit. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is loud during concerts and events.