Reports To: Manager, Grounds
This position is responsible for assisting with overall care of the grounds in and around Miller Park and the youth baseball facility. The internship is a paid hourly position which may begin as early as March and extend into November.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Complete assignments on a daily basis including mowing, edging, weeding, sodding, infield maintenance, mound repair, and landscape maintenance.
• Assist with game responsibilities including set-up, field security and distribution of promotional items.
• Assist in managing the field at our youth sports facility during a one-month rotation.
• Safely operate various grounds equipment such as mowers, carts, etc.
• Candidates must be able to perform physical tasks, with or without accommodation such as lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, sprinting and pulling tarp;
• Prior grounds maintenance experience is not required;
• Candidates must have a valid drivers license;
• Candidate must be able to obtain a Wisconsin pesticide certification within one month of start date. The pesticide certification fees will be paid by the Club.
• Candidates must be currently enrolled in or recently graduated from a turf management program or related college program at an accredited college or university.
Candidate must be available from Mid-May until August 2009. Candidates that are available March through October are preferred. Required to work extended hours such as nights, weekends and holidays.